GRES is a leading Solar energy consultancy, providing engineering and technical advisory services. We have the capability to deliver at every phase of a project, from the early stages of site selection, feasibility and design right through to project management of the construction phase and operation and maintenance. Our multi-disciplinary energy experts have extensive experience in renewable technologies worldwide.
We have an extensive experience in Building Integrated PV (BIPV) systems design using both conventional monocrystalline PV and advanced thin-film (CIGS) based PV cells. Advanced thin-film based PV cells can easily be integrated with building envelope, which enhances the aesthetic aspect of a building. We can also provide solutions based on state-of-the-art technologies such as transparent and semi-transparent solar cells and organic PV cells for building facades and windows.
To date we have assessed, installed, commissioned and maintained a significant number of renewable energy projects internationally and this figure is growing rapidly. Our clients include utilities, financiers, developers and many other public and private sector organisations.
Some of our engineering services include:
- Solar smart plan
- Feasibility study
- Site identification and assessment
- Solar resource assessment
- Performance monitoring
- Data analysis
- Electrical network design and battery-storage system design
A commercial solar assessment includes a detailed financial assessment and modelling of the costs and revenues of the recommended installation over its projected design life of 25 years. The analysis includes:
- Solar system Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Real time solar energy monitoring solution
- Demand management analysis
- Power factor correction
- Voltage optimization
- Calculated solar PV outputs per year including annual output degradation based on warranted information
- Annual maintenance costs
- Tax depreciation benefits and renewable energy certificate revenue (LGC/STC)
- Internal rate of return (IRR)
- Net present value (NPV)